Monday, November 8, 2010

Noodles & Co

Okay, so part of the reason I haven't blogged in a while is because I finally got a job!  Of course that's really no excuse since it's just a part time job. =)  Anyway, I started working at a restaurant called Noodles & Company about 5 weeks ago. 

I waited so long to say anything because I wanted to make sure that I liked the place and was actually going to keep the job before I told people.  Also, because it seems a little funny (at least to me) that I just got my degree in Hospitality Management and decided to take a part time hourly position instead of going into management.  Although I took the job with the understanding that if I choose to pursue management training that would be no problem.  I haven't worked in about 4 years though, so I really was in no hurry to jump in with both feet.  Right now I feel just peachy working 20 hours a week. 

The job at Noodles & Co. is really perfect for me right now because it is less than a mile away from where I live. Also, they do most of their business at lunch during the week, so they were happy to give me only daytime hours M-F. You see, that has been one of my biggest problems finding a job in the hospitality industry...I don't want to work weekends, nights, or holidays. I know, I know, what the hell was I thinking pursuing a career in this industry when I don't want to work the prime hours for restaurant business!  Anyway, for now I think I'll just float along and see where this job leads.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome; congrats on the job! What are you doing for Noodles & Co? Are you waitressing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I'm not waitressing, although I will run food if it gets busy and they need me. Right now I'm learning a lot of different stations. So far I've ran food, cashiered, made salads, and worked the garnish/expiditor staion. Garnish is my favorite. I'm hoping to get into the kitchen at some point. I feel that if I decide to go into management I really need to know how to do all the different jobs.

    ReplyDelete