Friday, June 11, 2010

Moving Sucks

Yes, moving does suck, but what really sucks are the movers! Our belongings were originally scheduled to be delivered here in Colorado between June 7-9. The day everything was picked up in California the driver gave us a firm date of the 9th. Okay, so we live without furniture and most of our clothes until then, fine.

June 8th, the day before the scheduled delivery, the phone rings and it's someone from the moving company saying that the truck was in the shop and wouldn't be delivering our stuff until at least the 11th! They promised to keep me updated.

June 10th, still hadn't heard from the moving company so called and left a message.

June 11th, hmm I'm thinking our stuff is not going to be delivered...The lady from the moving company calls and says she'll get in touch with the driver and let me know. The driver finally calls and says he will be delivering our stuff tomorrow morning between 8:30 and 9.

Okay, I'm pretty pissed at the whole situation, but I'm trying to be optimistic and believe that come this time tomorrow I will actually have my things!

What is so upsetting, is that I can't do anything about this...They have all our stuff! I guess I'll just have to be satisfied with spreading the word about Bekins AMS Relocation to everyone I know AND posting a review of my experiences on yelp.com. Moving is a bitch, but I'm a bigger one!

1 comment:

  1. I feel for you. We were supposed to have our POD delivered more than a week ago, but due to the basement work (not PODS fault) we had to delay delivery until July! I put a lot in that POD I was hoping to have right away.

    ReplyDelete