Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My Shopping Trip to Walgreens



I have a friend who has started couponing, reading blogs that point out where to go for bargains, etc. Well, she's really been saving a lot and has inspired me to give it a try. I'm not working right now, so any time I spend going over coupons, reading blogs, and looking a sale papers is not a problem.

Today I went to Walgreen's armed with my list of sales and my stack of coupons clipped from Sunday's paper. Now, one thing I want to make clear, I didn't buy anything "just because it was a bargain" I only bought things I actually needed. One cool thing about Walgreen's is that certain purchases trigger "Register Rewards" which are coupons that print out with $$ off your next trip.

So here is the break down:

Gillette Fusion Proglide Power Razor $9.89
-$4 coupon, $5 register reward
like paying only $.89

Gillette Venus Embrace Razor $8.99
-$2 coupon, $2 register reward
like paying $4.99

Pantene Shampoo & Conditioner 2/$8
-$1 off on 2 coupon, $2 register rewards
like paying $5 for both

Febreeze Noticeables Starter Kit $6.36
-$1 coupon
Febreeze Noticeables Refill $4.49
-$1 coupon
$2 register rewards for purchasing both
like paying $6.85 for both

CoverGirl Cosmetics B1/G1 half off
Lash Blast Fusion Mascara $9.99
-$2 coupon
Oil Control Pressed Powder $6.99
1/2 off -$3.50, -$1 coupon
paid $10.48 for both

Gallon jug of drinking water $1.19
-$.50 coupon

So, to recap I spent a total of 44.40 with tax and got $11 in register rewards to spend on my next trip. Not bad for my first try at couponing/sale shopping!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great shopping trip. Well worth the time clipping coupons.

    ReplyDelete