Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Blueberries & Zucchini

Blueberries and zucchini seem to be my theme for the last two days.

Yesterday I tried some wild blueberry flavored coffee...Worst mistake I could have made. It was horrible.  Then I went out to dinner and had a blueberry martini...Best possible choice!  The martini was so scrumptious it was hard to stop at just one...But I did!

Today, I continued on with my blueberry theme by making some blueberry zucchini muffins.
They turned out really yummy.  Tomorrow they will be making their way to Ed's office for his team.

I grated a little too much zucchini for the muffins, so after I was done baking I wondered what to do with the extra zucchini sitting in my food processor.  That's when inspiration struck and I made zucchini pancakes.  OMG so good!

I tried them two ways.  First with just salt, then with some curry powder mixed in.  They were very good both ways.  They were so simple and I believe they would lend themselves nicely to a variety of spices.  I guess I'll have to get some more zucchini and experiment.

2 comments:

  1. Both sound very yummy. I also love Zucchini bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, my muffin recipe was actually for bread, but I made it into muffins. They are really good, but so sweet.

    ReplyDelete