Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I can't wait for September...

Ed and I will be going home to Michigan for a visit in September and I can't wait!  I haven't been home in two years, and for Ed it has been about seven.  There are so many people to see and places to go.  I can't wait to see all my little cousins and how they've grown in the last two years. And of course the rest of my family and friends.
Me in 2008 with my beautiful cousins
 Jaiden & Nevaeh
My cousin Laith -
Just born the last time I was home in August 2008


I've been working on getting all the details taken care of. We have our plane tickets.  I'm working on renting a house in White Lake for the week...It's easier than staying with relatives and better than a crummy hotel room.  It's really reasonably priced for the week and fairly centrally located to all the places we want to go.  One thing that's especially nice is that it's on the lake and there is a grill, etc. so we can host a get together while we're there.  That may be easier than trying to run all over the place and see everyone separately. 

Here is a link to pictures of the house we're renting.
Right now we're just waiting on the rental contract to make sure that everything is agreeable to us.

The only things I have left to do are: arrange a cat sitter for while we're gone, get the rental car, come up with some sort of itinerary for our trip and let everyone at home know so they can make plans.

Oh boy, oh boy, I can't wait!





3 comments:

  1. How awesome that you get to go and visit family! Your rental looks nice. Have a good time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking forward to it! It's hard living so far away from my family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, as it turns out we decided not to rent the house afterall. After reading over the contract we just weren't comfortable with some things. Darn!

    ReplyDelete