Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Rocky Mountain National Park

This past weekend we went hiking at Rocky Mountain National Park.  I am continually amazed at the beauty that surrounds us here in Colorado! 
I'm an animal lover and the wildlife that we've seen is just fantastic. Yes, I get happy and excited just seeing a pretty little bird, but to actually see elk up close just hanging out...Well, that is just indescribable. The elk we saw this weekend were just so majestic! These pictures can't even come close to doing justice to their beauty.




Ed at 12,143 ft.
Of course, I can't forget to mention how good the hiking is here too.  Ed and I are still working on getting in shape and getting acclimatized to the altitude.  It just about killed us, but we did manage to hike at over 12,000 feet above sea level! 


And finally, I'd like to introduce you to my new hiking boots...

2 comments:

  1. Nice boots! Probably a good idea to get good support for those great walks. I'm still buried in boxes... =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such awesome scenery. Said a prayer for the old boots. Welcome to the new ones.

    ReplyDelete